The objectives of the Australasian Division of the International Academy of Pathology, paraphrased from the Memorandum of Association, are:
- To conduct the operations of the International Academy of Pathology and to promote its objectives in the Division.
- To foster education, research and to advance knowledge in pathology.
- To institute and arrange lectures, seminars, symposia, demonstrations and to provide a forum for the discussion and dissemination of information relevant to pathology and related matters.
- To provide facilities for education and research into the various branches of learning in pathology.
- To assist tertiary institutions to develop appropriate courses calculated to advance education in pathology.
- To provide financial assistance through scholarships and travelling grants for persons engaged in education or research to advance the knowledge of pathology.
- To disseminate printed and any other means of communication to further the purpose of the Division.